Vinayak chaturthi arrives twice every month of a Lunar month. The day has special meaning because numerous ceremonies are only carried out on Chaturthi Tithi. The Hindu scriptures state that Lord Ganesh owns the Chaturthi Tithi. Vinayaka Chaturthi is the Chaturthi immediately following Amavasya or the new moon during Shukla Paksha. According to the Drik Panchang, Sankashti Chaturthi is celebrated on the full Moon during Krishna Paksha or the day following Purnima. Though Vinayaka Chaturthi is commemorated every month, Bhadrapada is the most important month for this fast.
What Is The Significance Of Vinayak Chaturthi?
The 10-day festival of Ganesh Chaturthi, which is held in honour of Pratham Pujya Lord Ganesha, starts on the fourth day (chaturthi) of the Shukla Paksha in the Bhadrapada month. Generally, the day falls in August or September according to the Gregorian calendar. In Maharashtra, Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations are widely observed. Throughout the 10-day celebrations, devotees chant the “Ganpati Bappa Moriya” mantra. The tenth day is when the Ganpati idols are immersed in the water or other adjacent bodies of water. Processions with music and bhajans accompany these rituals. Every year, according to legend, Lord Ganesha descends from Mount Kailasha for ten days to grant the wishes of his devotees before returning to his parents, Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva, on the last day.
Puja Rituals For Vinayak Chaturthi 2022
- Get up early, then take a bath.
- Put on clean clothes. You are allowed to dress in crimson.
- Keep a fast all day. You can eat one meal daily or follow a fruit and milk diet with vrat dishes. However, the meal must only be consumed following Madhyana puja.
- Prepare for the puja completely, including the Naivedhya.
- Do Dhyana and light an oil lamp appropriately for the puja (Meditation). Ask Lord Ganesha to accept your lowly offerings once you have invoked him.
- Chanting the following Mantra while offering 21 strands of Dhruva grass, kumkum, and Chandan
- OM The phrase “Gan Ganpataye Namah.”
- Chanting the Ganesh Gayatri Mantra is another option.
Vakratundaya Dheemahi Tanno Danti Prachodayat, Om Ekadantaya Viddhmahe.
Glory to the one with a bent trunk and a single tusk,
I bowed before you to receive your grace and be blessed with a light-filled life.
- Complete the Panchopachara pooja. You will need a red-colored hibiscus flower or any other type of flower (Pushpa), Dhoopa (Incense), an oil lamp (Deepa), and Naivedhya for this (Modak, besan or boondi laddoo and or other Sattvic recipes).
- Offer the tamboolam, which consists of five different types of fruits (optional), a whole brown coconut with its husk, bananas, paan and supari, haldi and kumkum, and dakshina (cash notes/coins), after conducting the panchopchara puja.
- The Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat Katha should be read.
- Sing the Ganesh Aarti and do salutations with the lit camphor to end the puja.
The individuals who offer prayer and observe fasting with complete loyalty, dedication, and trust receive Lord Ganesha’s eternal blessings. Lord Ganesha will bestow prosperity, joy, happiness, money, and good fortune upon his followers. Additionally, Lord Ganesha purges evil and negative influences from the life of his followers. Additionally, after fasting and worshipping Lord Ganesha on this auspicious day, women who cannot conceive are bestowed with a child. On this day, Lord Ganesha answers all his followers’ prayers.
The History And Origin Of Vinayak Chaturthi
According to mythology, Chandra, also known as Lord Moon, was arrogant and haughty. Once upon a time, Lord Ganesha tried to ride on his mouse but fell off since the mouse couldn’t support his weight. Looking at this incident, Lord Moon burst into hysterics. Because of this, Lord Ganesha became enraged and cursed the Moon, saying that everyone who looks at it on that day will be wrongly accused. After this, the Moon recognized his error and begged for forgiveness. Then, Lord Ganesha proclaimed that breaking a fast on Vinayak Chaturthi every month would eventually liberate him from the curse.
Date And Muhurta For Vinayak Chaturthi 2022
The dates and times for Vinayak Chaturthi, Pausha, and Shukla Chaturthi are December 26 at 4:51 PM and December 27 at 1:37 AM.
Nakshatrika has the best online astrologer you can contact to know about the extra puja and rituals of Vinayak Chaturthi. It is always beneficial to seek full guidance and know the exact steps for performing any rituals or observing the fast to attain the maximum benefits. Nakshatika has the best astrologer in India who, apart from these puja rituals, can solve your humankind issues, relationship issues, and many more. So contact Nakshatrika to arrange online puja and get solutions for your problems in life. Apart from the online puja service, Nakshatrika also provides live darshan or online darshan for its clients who cannot visit temples.