What Is Shattila Ekadashi ?
The eleventh day of the Krishna Paksha in the month of Magha is Shattila Ekadashi . According to the Hindu calendar, the day of Shatila Ekadashi is very encouraging. On this day, devotees worldwide observe the Shatila Ekadashi Vrat (Fast) and worship Lord Shri Hari Vishnu to win his favour. “Papaharni,” another name for the fast, roughly translates to “something that removes all sins.” It is thought that keeping this fast cleanses one of all sins and brings one closer to salvation.
Real Meaning And Value Of Shattila Ekadashi:
Shattila Ekadashi fasting is seen as being very successful. It is thought to produce fruit comparable to Kanyadan’s. In addition, this fast is equivalent to tens of thousands of years of meditation and almsgiving. Additionally, this fast provides materialistic pleasures and contributes to family harmony and prosperity. After death, one also achieves salvation (Moksha). It is highly important to worship on this specific day. Let’s now go through the precise worship rites.
Sattila Ekadashi Fasting Customs :
On Dashmi’s night, the Ekadashi fasting rites are observed (the tenth day of Magha month). The strict observance of these practices is thought to bring success and happiness into one’s life. Therefore, let’s look at the customs that must be observed on Shattila Ekadashi.
- The devotee must abstain from eating after Dashmi’s sunset.
- Narad Puran states that on this day, the devotee should rise early, do their daily tasks, and then take a bath in water containing sesame seeds.
- After having a bath, practice Lord Vishnu-related meditation and make a lasting commitment.
- Incorporate an image or idol of Lord Shri Hari Vishnu into your temple.
- Sprinkle Gangajal drops (holy river Ganga water) and sesame seeds-infused water on the idol and its surroundings. Bathe the idol or portrait in Panchamrit, which must contain sesame seeds.
- Light a ghee lamp after the ghatasthapana, light some incense sticks, and offer flowers and treats to the Lord with sesame seeds.
- Perform a puja and enchant the Vishnu Sahastranama.
- It is encouraged to recite a Vishnu Aarti in front of the idol of Lord Shri Hari Vishnu at the home’s shrine.
- One of the most significant traditions on this auspicious day is giving sesame seeds, as it is thought that you will spend as many days in paradise as the number of sesame seeds you have given.
After having a bath during the Brahma Muhurat and doing your daily tasks, swear to observe a fast and worship Lord Vishnu while in meditation. Put the Lord Vishnu statue or image on a raised plank. Then, set a pot on top of the idol or photograph and sprinkle some sesame. Perform the Lord Vishnu’s Aarti while reciting the Path of Vishnu Sahasranama. Sesame is offered as Bhog during the Shattila Ekadashi fast. Additionally, giving sesame on this particular day is greatly valued. It is thought that you would have the opportunity to spend as many years in paradise as you donate in the month of Magha.
Sesame’s Significance During The Shattila Ekadashi Fast:
On this day, using sesame is quite significant. These are some of the applications for it.
1. Take a bath in water that has been mixed with sesame.
2. Sesame paste can be used.
3. On this particular day, conduct the Havan using sesame.
4. You can eat some sesame by mixing it with water.
5. It is possible to donate it.
6. Make sesame-based desserts and dishes.
Essential Effects Of Shattila Ekadashi Vrat :
- With this fast, it is said that a person is given the gift of a long and healthy life.
- It aids in living a long life.
- It causes one to be free of all eye conditions and diseases.
- One is bestowed with the highest tranquility, prosperity, and wealth if one adores Lord Vishnu and Maa Lakshmi.
- It is advantageous for women to experience good fortune.
- When a married couple observes this fast, their marriage is blessed with serenity.
- You will always have enough money if you donate sesame-filled Kalash.
Shattila Ekadashi 2023 Timings:
Shattila Ekadashi on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
On 19th Jan, Parana Time – 07:15 AM to 09:29 AM
On Parana Day Dwadashi End Moment – 01:18 PM
Contact Nakshatrika if you wish to learn more about the Shattila Ekadashi festival. The best online astrologer is available at Nakshatrika to assist you in providing information regarding the Shattila Ekadashi festivals. Every visit and festival has enormous significance and should be honoured for that reason. Every festival and vrat has a scientific explanation behind it.
To get the greatest advantages from the puja and ceremonies, they must be performed precisely. You can get in touch with Nakshatrika, the best astrologer in India, if you want to learn the precise rites and traditions of Shattila Ekadashi. Additionally, Nakshatrika supports online puja rituals. Utilize these Nakshatrika services by making a reservation for booking online puja. Apart from this, Nakshatrika also provides live darshan or online darshan for its clients who cannot visit temples