Hanuman Jayanti is of significant importance to Hindus since it honours Lord Hanuman, one of the most adored deities in the religion. On April 6, 2023, Hanuman Jayanti will be commemorated this year. Lord Hanuman is one of Hinduism’s most adored deities, according to devotees. They see him as Lord Shiva’s manifestation and the most dedicated devotee of Lord Ram. Read ahead to get to know the significance and how to celebrate this occasion.
Shubh Muhurat For Hanuman Jayanti 2023 :
Hanuman Jayanti is observed by believers on the full moon day of the Chaitra month, which occurs between March and April, according to the Hindu calendar. On April 6, 2023, Chaitra Purnima, which falls this year, Hanuman Jayanti, will be observed. The full moon day, known as the Purnima tithi, falls on April 5, 2023, at 9:19 AM, and it lasts until April 6, 2023, at 10:04 AM.
Significance And Values Of Hanuman Jayanti
Being a manifestation of Lord Shiva, Hanuman is a god of unfathomable might who has the Animadyashta siddhis. The eight siddhis that only a God can have. He is revered for helping people develop courage, strength, and confidence, for ensuring success in all endeavours, and for reducing Saturn’s unfavourable effects. His sloka, “manojavam maruta tulya vegam, jitendriyam buddhimatam varishtam, vatatmajam vanara yootha mukhyam shree rama dutam sharanam prapadye,” is repeated to seek respite from the attack of ill energies that are known to be dissipated by the simple chanting of his sloka.
Hanuman is a symbol of fidelity, devotion, and celibacy. Those who worship Lord Hanuman are supposed to be shielded from evil and guided toward victory. As Hanuman is believed to have been born at sunrise, Hanuman Jayanti is traditionally observed in the morning. On this day, prayers are said, and verses from the Ramayana and Mahabharata are read aloud.
How Should Hanuman Jayanti Be Celebrated ?
Lord Hanuman is celebrated on this day because it is thought that he protects his believers from all difficulties. The festival is all about success in the face of all adversities. He is revered as a representation of power, wisdom, and devotion and is regarded as the 11th Rudra manifestation of Lord Shiva. One way to commemorate this day is by reading passages from Ramanaya’s Sundarakand and Hanuman Chalisa. After the poojas are over, devotees spread prasad and apply sindoor to one another’s foreheads.
Puja And Rituals To Follow On Hanuman Jayanti :
Hanuman Puja is a potent approach to make a connection with Lord Hanuman and ask for his blessings for happiness, success, and good health. For followers, asking for Lord Hanuman’s blessings and expressing their appreciation to him is one of the most holy rites. The precise steps to execute Hanuman Puja are listed below:
- Before beginning the puja, rise early and take a bath to cleanse your body and mind.
- Spend some time in stillness and meditation before the puja to clear your mind. Make a commitment to do the puja sincerely and with devotion.
- Put the Lord Hanuman statue or idol facing east on a wooden chowki covered with a clean yellow cloth. If you don’t have an idol, you can use a picture of Lord Hanuman instead.
- Place a lit oil or ghee light close to the Lord Hanuman statue. Ask Lord Ganesha’s blessings for a puja free of obstacles.
- Clean the idol of Lord Hanuman with clean water. Moreover, when performing the Abhishek if the idol is made of metal, utilize water, raw milk, honey, curd, ghee, etc.
- Provide a new piece of yellow, red, or kalava cloth. Offer the Lord the precious Janeu and Akshat as well. Provide flowers, incense sticks, dhoop, Chandan paste or natural scent, as well as an oil lamp.
- To seek the blessings of Lord Hanuman, chant the Hanuman mantra and recite the Hanuman Chalisa. You can recite further Hanuman Stotras.
- As bhog for God, provide any sattvic dish you have made or some fruits. Tamboolam, which comprises of paan, supari, one brown coconut, Dakshina, a banana, and/or some fruits, is another option you have.
- To demonstrate your devotion, stand up and do one Parikrama around the idol or image of Lord Hanuman starting from your right. After completing the Parikrama, fire the camphor and wave it in front of the statue or representation of Lord Hanuman to perform the aarti. Chant the Hanuman Aarti in keeping with this.
- In order to receive Lord Hanuman’s blessings, offer flowers to his statue or idol and make a pranam (bowing down) motion. Ask God’s pardon for whatever mistakes you committed throughout the pooja.
Connect with one of the best online astrologers at Nakshatrika and get more details about how and when to perform the rituals on this Hanuman Jayanti. Nakshatika also provides services of live darshan or online darshan for its clients who cannot travel. Also, Nakshatrika has the best astrologer in India who can advise you on any of your humankind issues.