All About Basant Panchami:
During the beginning of spring, between February and March, Basant Panchami occurs. Vasant is the name for Spring in English, whereas Panchami is the name for the fifth day. Therefore, according to the Hindu calendar, Saraswati Puja should only be held on Pancham Tithi.
We dedicate ourselves to Maa Saraswati on this day and ask for her blessings. Through ceremonies, people honour Saraswati Maa and offer them reverence. It is also referred to as Abujha day by devotees and sages, which denotes a successful start to your task. Therefore, individuals contemplate starting their vital work or making extravagant purchases during the Basant Panchami muhurat.
Basant Panchami 2023: The Festival’s History
The legend of the poet Kalidasa is the tale most frequently linked with the festival. The legend holds that Kalidasa was a simpleton who had been duped into wedlock with a princess who didn’t appreciate him. A dejected Kalidasa intended to terminate his life, but just in time, Goddess Saraswati appeared before him and commanded him to jump into the river.
Following instructions, Kalidasa emerged from the water a bright, informed, and cultured individual who would become a well-known poet. Therefore, the goddess is honoured on this day to grant her followers the gift of knowledge.
Saraswati Puja’s Significance On This Basant Panchami In 2023:
The Hindu goddess of creation, learning, music, art, and wisdom is known as Saraswati. It is seen as lucky for kids to begin school on the auspicious date of Vasant Panchami in many parts of the Indian subcontinent. To appease the goddess Saraswati and express appreciation, people execute a variety of rituals and pujas in their homes, temples, and educational facilities. If you intend to perform Saraswati Puja, remember that the festival’s colour motif is yellow and follows the colour code. You won’t ever lack wisdom if you provide yellow saris, curtains, treats, and flowers to the Saraswati.
Vasant Panchami: The Ideal Day For Marriage
It is traditionally regarded as the ideal day for marriage. On Vasant Panchami, a lucky day, hundreds of people get married each year. We undergo quick changes in our health throughout this time as the seasons change. Therefore, doing homage to Lord Dhanvantari on this day promotes health. This day is also viewed as lucky for investing and purchasing new products. Astrologers say that today is also a wonderful day to begin new endeavours.
How Should Saraswati Puja Vidhi Be Performed In 2023?
- Wake up early on Vasant Panchami 2023, clean your home, make puja preparations, and take a bath.
- Apply a mixture of neem and turmeric on your body before a bath because yellow/white is Maa Saraswati’s favourite colour and the festival’s official colour.
- Put the Saraswati idol on the platform or Puja Pandal.
- Because Ganesha is considered Saraswati’s favourite god, instal his idol next to hers.
- Give the place of worship a book, musical instrument, journal, or other creative objects.
- Looking for a qualified priest is usually essential if you wish to do proper puja procedures.
- If you perform puja by yourself, please take a dish, decorate it with flowers, rice, Kumkum, and turmeric, and then offer it to Saraswati and Ganesha as a sign of thanks and to ask for their blessings.
- Recite mantra and perform the aarti.
- Spend the day with your children by gathering your family.
- Children should be inspired to write creatively and to perform or learn a musical instrument. Many communities have poetry readings and musical performances to honour the goddess Saraswati.
- On Basant Panchami 2023, Saraswati Puja can always be performed at the closest temple.
- On this fortunate day of Basant Panchami, recite the well-known Saraswati Stotram, one of the prayers that priests and astrologers chant the most.
Basant Panchami 2023 Timings:
Vasant Panchami Muhurat, which runs from 07:12 to 12:34 (5 Hours 21 Mins)
Panchami Tithi Begins – 12:34 PM on Jan 25, 2023
Panchami Tithi Ends – 10:28 AM on Jan 26, 2023
It is very lucky to worship Mother Saraswati during the muhurat because it will bring you prosperity, knowledge, and insight. To know further in detail about this auspicious day, connect with Nakshatrika. Nakshatrika has the best online astrologer who will share all the details of the day and guide you in performing puja correctly. Also, if you want, Nakshatrika arranges an online puja service. Apart from this, if you want an astrological talk, then Nakshatrika holds the best astrologer in India with whom you can share your problems and get instant solutions.